If you're remodeling your office, warehouse or business facility, you're likely considering what type of doors to install. You naturally want something that is aesthetically pleasing as well as being durable and secure. Hollow metal door frames offer all of those benefits and more.
1. Enhanced security. Hollow metal doors are available in bullet-proof, tamper-proof and explosive-proof models, making them a good choice for schools, detention centers and government buildings as well as public buildings, such as shopping centers and museums.
2. Durability. This type of door stands up to heavy use and weather. With a hollow metal door, you don't have to worry about swelling or shrinkage from extreme temperatures and humidity or damage due to warping or insect colonies. A properly-installed hollow frame steel door will last around 30 years. In addition, these doors are finished with a power coating that causes the paint to fuse with the finish, so it won't chip or flake and require frequent re-painting like traditional painted doors.
3. Aesthetics. Metal doors have a sleek, streamlined look that is visually-appealing and helps to create an attractive curb appeal for your business. This type of door comes in a variety of finishes, including one that mimics the look of wood.
4. Versatility. Hollow metal doors adapt to most any architectural plan or design style. They are just as fitting in a warehouse as they in an apartment building or in a design showroom. In addition to the many choices of finishes, metal doors are available in a rainbow of colors.
5. Sustainability. Since steel is recyclable, you are helping to keep unnecessary building materials out of America's landfills when you opt to install steel doors. By choosing steel, you are also helping to save the energy resources necessary to produce new building materials.
6. Fire-resistant. Hollow metal doors won't burn or melt like wooden or fiberglass doors can. These doors are also useful in containing a blaze and giving occupants precious extra time to evacuate the building in the event of an explosion or fire.
7. Sound control. Metal doors are great at containing sound, making them a good choice for music classrooms and noisy manufacturing facilities.
While hollow frame doors may not be the right choice for every type of business, these attractive doors are durable, resistant to weather and moisture, versatile and offer a high degree of security. Contact local contractors to learn more about your options.
My name is Sara Jenkins and I am the daughter of a plumber. As a young girl, I was not very impressed by what my father did for a living, but I loved spending time with him so I was thrilled each time he asked me to help with a repair around the house. What I didn't realize at the time was that my father was teaching me skills that would prove incredibly useful in my adult life. Today, thanks to him, I have completed a long list of plumbing jobs in my own home without the need to hire a contractor. This blog is my way of saying thank you to him by sharing all of the things that he has taught me about home repairs and construction.